Thursday, July 21, 2011

Audacity

Today in class, we played with Audacity.  It was so much fun!  It enables you to record and cut lines of sound.  We added a second line of dialogue to a pre-recorded one-sided conversation.  Some of the people in the class came up with some really funny things 

http://bb7.liberty.edu/@@/D629E2C1FE70C6901384F5375BEC9B16/courses/1/EDUC730_392_201130/db/_23397301_1/AR%20group%20recording.wav

I don't teach Communication Arts (right now) but I can imagine some fun activities using Audacity to write dialogue.  The kids could record their side of a conversation, then transcribe it, adding quotation marks and other punctuation where needed.  Dr. H said there are programs that will transcribe for you as well. 

I'm thinking of my MAP-A kids, wondering if there is some activity I could develop using Audacity.  I'll definitely keep it in mind as I see what kiddos I have in class and what curriculum I have to cover. 

Tomorrow, all the groups give their presentations.  There are going to be some really good ones, I believe.  My group is doing Augmented Reality.  You know, the line on a football game?  How about the Wii?  The future is definitely pointed this way.  My section is on field trips.  Kinda ironic, considering I've been on very few in my teaching career, and most of those were to the prison! 

Here are some other things we've done.  Hope the links work!
http://zunal.com/webquest.php?w=108539

http://bb7.liberty.edu/@@/D629E2C1FE70C6901384F5375BEC9B16/courses/1/EDUC730_392_201130/db/_23397494_1/instructional%20video%201.avi

This is my lesson plan.  I used Zunal to write it:

I'm sure I'll have to polish it when I get home and see the materials we use.

After class tomorrow I'm heading west.  Its' been an interesting, valuable week, but I'll be glad to be back at home.  I miss my house, my bed, my stuff (especially my Keurig), my pups, my cat, and most of all, my husband and family.

 I guess I'm going to go find some supper.  Weight Watchers goes back full-tilt when I'm home, too.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your class is going well! Hmmm...you really do have a Keurig? How do you get 8 scoops out of that thing? lol!!! Have a good day tomorrow, and drive home safely!

    ReplyDelete