Wednesday, July 6, 2011

more technology

I was telling my husband about my blogosphere adventure.  He asked me if I remembered the latest technology to grace the Henry household.  We just bought a wireless laser printer.  It's amazing!  We each have our own computer (in the same room, actually) and one printer.  It was a mess.  Whichever computer was the main server one had to be on (his) or I couldn't print.  Now I can print as much as I need to regardless of his computer's status.  Too cool.

This got us to talking about how computers have changed just within the last fifteen years or so.  We remember buying upgrades or additions to the computer and having to make sure the little switches on the back of the thing were in the right place.  Plug n play seemed like the ultimate in convenience when it came out! 

My technology addictions spread to the kitchen as well. Here are some things I have that I didn't when I was a kid:  dishwasher, food processor, ninja food prep that will make snow (really!), keurig coffee maker (my fave!), food dehydrator, kitchenaid stand mixer, and toaster that poaches eggs, too.  That's just a few. 

I heard the other day that the computing power on Apollo 13 was roughly equivalent to the computing power on a digital watch.  I wonder if that's true.  Maybe I'll google it and find out.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE my wireless printer, and my wireless router. It's so amazing to me that four of us can all be working on different computers at the same time. Another thought provoking blog post - keep writing!

    ReplyDelete